Lake Placid Training Camp June 21-24, 2018
Come train for the weekend at one of the most beautiful and challenging Ironman courses.
Camp is ideal for not only those training for IMLP but for anyone training for the 70.3 or 140.6 distance and looking to have FUN. You do not need to be a Realistic Fitness athlete to attend camp. Space is limited so secure your spot!
- Certified coaches ensuring you get the most out of your training weekend
- SAG support on bike and run course with water/fuel aid stops
- Discussion on training and race day fueling
- Discussion on core strength and functional exercises
- Course discussion and specific workouts for 70.3/140.6 athletes
- Breakfast (Fri, Sat and Sun), Dinner (Fri and Sat)
- Lodging within walking distance to downtown and Mirror Lake
- USAT sanctioned therefore providing liability insurance for athletes
Thursday, June 21: (NOTE – if there is not enough interest in arriving Thursday, camp will begin Friday at 2pm and core/glute workout will be adjusted to allow more time for swim)
- 2-3pm: Check in
- 4pm: Swim in Mirror Lake followed by a short run (both are optional)
- 6pm: Overview of weekend
Friday, June 22:
- 8-10am: Open water swim discussion and swim in Mirror Lake (1 or 2 loops)
- 11-12:00pm: Basic bike maintenance discussion, tire changing practice, bike check
- 1pm: Ride a portion of the course, 1-3hr (based on athlete ability/goals)
- 2pm: Check in for those arriving Friday
- 3-4pm: Swim option for those arriving on Friday
- 4:30-5pm: Core/glute workout
- 6:30-8pm: Dinner at house and discussions (bike course, fueling, pacing)
Saturday, June 23:
- 7am: Course ride (1-2 loops with adjustments to distance made as necessary for individual athletes) followed by a short transition run off the bike. SAG will be available. Some athletes may ride together depending on their ability; however you should be prepared to ride solo. Course maps and cue sheets will be provided.
- 6pm: Dinner at house and discussions (run course, fueling, pacing)
Sunday, June 10:
- 6am: Long run (Time/distance will vary by athlete. Water station will be provided.)
- 11am: check out
- Thursday – Sunday: $450 for Realistic Fitness athletes, $550 for non-Realistic Fitness athletes
- Friday – Sunday: $350 for Realistic Fitness athletes, $450 for non-Realistic Fitness athletes
- Payment is due in full to reserve your spot; spots will not be held without payment
- Full refund until April 8, 2018
- While there are no refunds after April 8, 2018, you can transfer your spot to another athlete. Please discuss with Realistic Fitness before transfer.
Athletes will be required to hold a USAT membership or purchase a one-day license. Athletes will also be required to sign a waiver prior to participating in any camp activities.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com